FT MYERS Mobilize Link
Cape Coral Mobilize Link
Lehigh Acres Mobilize Link
The Florida Democratic Party has implemented a new strategy to improve statewide voter turnout as we gear up for the 2022 elections. A Day of Action will take place on the last Saturday of each month through 2022 election. Each Day of Action will have a specific focus or theme on which to act, as determined by the Day of Action Task Force. So, if you are unable to attend on September 25th, there will be more scheduled events in which to participate.
The focus for Saturday, October 23, 2021 is outreach via door-to-door canvassing to "hot" and "warm" registered Democrats regarding their Vote-By-Mail (VBM) status or expiration, thereof, and if possible, to register any unregistered household members on the spot. Canvassing will take place in Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres and Cape Coral. Canvassing Training will be made available and may also take place on the Day of Action.
The definition of hot registered Democrats are voters who vote all the time. Warm registered Democrats are those who vote in a few elections.
The Task Force needs volunteers from the Caucus to help in the following areas:
- Callers to coordinate volunteers throughout the County
- Callers to confirm phone calls
- Drivers and Runners
- Door-to-door canvassers – 2 hours walk packs – approximately 25 to 30 doors
- Envelope Stuffers for direct mail items and Door Hanger Bags Stuffers for Canvassers
- Canvass Captains for each location (Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, and Cape Coral)
- Trained voter registration specialist (those who have completed Jim Rosinus’ class)
- Possibly tables set up at various libraries for voter registration
We are looking to all Caucus members to participate as best you can toward this endeavor.
Thank you very much for your attention to this matter and for your continued cooperation.